Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Highly Recommended Resource

People often contact Gossips seeking historic photographs of their buildings. I do my best to oblige, with the resources available to me, but often I have to refer them to the Evelyn & Robert Monthie Slide Collection at the Columbia County Historical Society, where they may or may not find what they need. This morning, thanks to a reader, I found another resource: Old Pictures of Columbia County NY. Here can be found an enormous collection of old photographs, mostly post card images, of buildings and streetscapes in Hudson, including many, like the ones reproduced below, that are not the views of the usual five or six blocks along Warren Street. 






This site should definitely be bookmarked by everyone enamored with Hudson architecture and Hudson history: oldcolumbiacounty.blogspot.com

Thanks to Brian Herman for bringing this to our attention
COPYRIGHT 2017 CAROLE OSTERINK

No comments:

Post a Comment